The programme aims to encourage a reading and research culture among
the children, school going, colleges and the general public.
The programme is also aimed at highlighting effective
roles in the promotion of reading that could be played by the Ministry
of Education, the Curriculum Development Centre, teachers, authors,
publishers, booksellers, librarians, parents and the community itself.
The main objectives of this project are: -
- To stimulate viewers to develop a habit of reading for pleasure.
- To publicise availability of books of various genres so that the
public would appreciate the value of books.
- To encourage an exchange of ideas on reading experiences.
- To encourage the setting up of community supported and community
based libraries and book reading clubs.
- To support the teaching of literature in a broad sense.
Window Images-Media Development, Department for International Development
(DFID), Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (ZNBC)
For more information, contact:
Annie Chimbuvu Chiluba
Window Images-Media in Development
c/o Zambia Independent Media Association
Martin Mwamba road, Olympia
Tel: 260-97-883070/ 292285/6
© Bellagio Publishing Network 2002-2005.